Cook CPA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
To All Our Valued Clients:
As Kansas communities start to feel the effect of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to take this opportunity to share with you the steps we are taking to keep our clients and Cook CPA’s staff safe.
We are closely monitoring local and national reports on the evolving impact of COVID-19. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization and applicable public health agencies, we have developed plans and established protocols to ensure our clients continue to receive the best service possible.
- Cook CPA offers full accounting services and consultations remotely. We encourage you to take advantage of phone or video conferencing technology to reduce your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- If you wish to still visit our offices, we have increased our housekeeping and sanitation efforts in our offices to mitigate any potential COVID-19 exposure.
- We are frequently disinfecting often-touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, and keypads.
- We are requiring all our team members to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the infection.
- We have implemented guidelines that require those team members who experience cold or flu-like symptoms, or individuals who have been diagnosed through testing with COVID-19 to stay home and follow the CDC’s instructions.
Cook CPA does not foresee the current COVID-19 situation limiting our ability to complete tax returns or other accounting services for clients. We are fully prepared to continue our operations remotely in order to serve you, our clients, during this challenging time.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Peter Cook, CPA